The MDP Patient Complaints Procedure
- The designated Complaints Officer at the Practice is Donna Mcdonald.
- If you wish to lodge a complaint, Donna Mcdonald will be informed and will deal with the matter. If the complaint is made in person, you will be taken into a private area and time given to hear the comment or complaint in full.
- If you are acting on behalf of a patient who wishes to make a complaint about the practice, written consent must be provided by the patient on whose behalf the complaint is being lodged.
- If the complaint is made in writing, the complaint will be recorded as such and you will be invited to lodge an official complaint, laying out in detail the circumstances of the complaint. This will allow us to deal with the complaint in a recorded and structured manner.
- Donna Mcdonald will record the relevant information on a complaint form. The matter will be fully investigated and a report or an acknowledgement will be supplied to you within two working days.
- You will be informed in writing of the stages of the investigation and any action taken.
- A full response will be made within 20 working days of receipt of the complaint, or where the investigation is still in progress, you will be sent a letter explaining the reason for the delay and a full response will be made within five days of a conclusion being reached.
- Depending on the nature of the complaint, we will endeavour to resolve the complaint to your satisfaction.
- You will be supported in your access to this procedure.
- You having made a complaint will not detract from the standard of care and treatment offered to you in any way.
- To contact Donna Mcdonald, you can visit Manchester Dental Practice or email her directly on email@example.com.
- If for any reason you remain unhappy with the way the complaint has been handled, you can contact: Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman: An independent body set up to promote improvement in healthcare by phone: 0345 015 4033 website: www.ombudsman.org.uk or the Dental Complaints Service (a department of the GDC complaints for private treatment) further help and support. Their contact details are: Dental Complaints Service: Address: Stephenson House, 2 Cherry Orchard Rd, Croydon, CR0 6BA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org website: www.dentalcomplaints.org.uk Telephone: 020 8253 0800
- Also for advice you can contact:
British Dental Health Foundation Helpline: 0845 0631188.